Mais Company manufactures a wide range of HDPE high-density & Low Density polyethylene in accordance with international standard.
Mais produce water pipes from polyethylene – HDPE high-density polyethylene, with diameters from 16 to 315 mm, various wall thicknesses and an operating pressure of up to 16 bar. Pipes are produced in lengths of 12 meters and coils of in lengths of 100 and 200 meters.
Mais produce lateral LDPE Pipes low-density polyethylene with diameters from 16 to 32 mm various wall thicknesses and an operating pressure of up to 10 bar. Pipes are produced in lengths of 200, 300 and 400 meters.
Mais Pipe Systems have for several years been confidently supplying their range
of HDPE pipes, fittings and saddles for successful use in a variety of potable water
Applications in the Civil, Agricultural, Municipal, Mining and Industrial sectors.
Because of the good chemical resistance and abrasion resistance properties they
are also extensively used in chemical, waste and slurry applications.
• life and gravity water supply systems
• micro & sprinkler irrigation systems
• sewerage pumping & effluent disposal systems
• above ground & underground cable ducting
• column pipes for submersible pumps
Features and Benefits
Today, polyethylene pipes are replacing steel pipes, primarily due to their cost- saving benefits. Therefore, the range of applications for polyethylene pipes today considerable:
Good impact strength: Little handling and installation damage
Excellent corrosion resistance: Long and efficient service life
Good chemical resistance: Wide variety of applications
Low mass: Easy handling
Flexibility: Easy installation
Long lengths available: Fewer joints
Good abrasion resistance: Can be used to pump slurries
Good UV resistance: Can be used in exposed locations
Low friction losses: Lower pumping costs
Several jointing methods: Wide variety of applications
Extensive range of fittings: Wide variety of installation
• manufactured from virgin pipes grade raw materials (pe80,pe100)
• excellent corrosion & chemical resistance
• inert to most acidic & alkaline solutions
• high flow characteristics
• light in weight
• easy to handle & transport
• excellent flexibility combined with strength
• good abrasion resistance
• smooth inner walls-minimizes friction losses
• safe for potable water supply
The basic ways of connection of polyethylene pipes
One of the greatest features of HDPE pipes is the fact that a wide variety of jointing
Systems is available to suit a whole range of applications.
Illustrates the available systems.
Permanent Jointing: Butt welding, Electro-fusion
Both butt welding and electro-fusion systems allow transition to detachable joints.
Non-Permanent (detachable) Jointing: Compression Fittings, Flanging, Saddles
Compression fittings: for the installation of pipelines with a diameter of less than 110 mm widely accepted use of mechanical connections using , compression fittings are widely used to connect polyethylene pipes together and when connecting a polyethylene pipe with a pipe made from another material.
Labelling of polyethylene pipes
Pipes produced by MAIS Polyethylene Pipe Plant are marked along their length with colored stripes according to their purpose (blue for water pipes, yellow for gas) and a stamp repeated every meter. The stamp shall contain the following information:
1. Name of manufacturer (SAUDI MAIS)
2. Dimensions: External diameter and wall thickness.
3. Type of polyethylene.
4. Operating pressure (water pipes).
5. Date of manufacture.
6. Company contact telephone number
7. Purpose of pipe (Water Systems, Sewage Systems, Drainage Systems .Cabling…)